Share your volunteerism knowledge and experience with the MAVA community. Write a guest blog!
MAVA invites you to submit a guest blog to the MAVA Blog. Blog posts are featured on the MAVA website, in MAVA newsletters and posted to social media. The MAVA Blog reaches a wide range of audiences, including volunteer engagement leaders, nonprofit, government and business employees, volunteers, general MAVA supporters and more. To submit a guest blog, please review the submission guidelines below.
Guest Blog Submission Guidelines
Who can submit a guest blog?
Volunteer engagement leaders, nonprofit, government and business employees, volunteers and anyone who wants to share their volunteerism knowledge and experience with others.
What type of content is accepted?
- Topics about volunteerism, including, but not limited to recruitment, management, engagement, diversity, equity and inclusion and personal stories.
- Blogs should ideally be anywhere between 300 to 800 words.
- MAVA reserves the right to edit your guest blog for spelling, grammar, punctuation and clarity.
- Please provide one image for your blog. You must either own the image or provide the URL of the webpage where the image can be downloaded. If you do not submit an image, one will be selected by MAVA staff for your blog. Need assistance finding an image? These websites provide images that are free for download and website use:
What type of content is not accepted?
We are unable to accept content that is:
- contains spam
- discriminatory or harmful toward any individuals or groups
How do I submit a guest blog?
Please submit your blog and image using our Guest Blog Submission Form.
When and how will I know if my blog is accepted by MAVA?
Once you have submitted your guest blog, it will be reviewed by MAVA staff. If your guest blog is accepted, we will contact you by email within 15 business days. If you do not hear back from us after 15 business days, we are unable to accept your guest blog at this time. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide feedback on every submission.
I have additional questions. Who should I reach out to?
Contact Wendy Roberts, Training Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience with the MAVA community!