What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
What do VISTA members do?
- AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) is a national community service program sponsored by the federal government.
- Members receive a modest living allowance in exchange for a year of service in low-income communities.
- MAVA VISTAs serve full-time for one year across the state to develop, expand, or improve volunteer programming that connects Minnesotans to the resources needed to move out of poverty.
- Learn more: NationalService.gov/vista.
- Improve your organization’s engagement of volunteers to better meet your mission
- Develop or expand volunteer programs, create or expand volunteer or staff training, strengthen partnerships, research and develop volunteer program resources, and more
Members don’t replace a staff position or perform ongoing volunteer management functions. MAVA only assigns VISTAs to organizations that have a volunteer resources staff position in place
Your site provides member support, supervision, and a welcoming environment.
Is my organization eligible?
Yes, if your organization:
How do we apply?
- Is a nonprofit, educational institution or public agency that serves Minnesota communities in poverty
- Needs a VISTA member to complete a three-year capacity-building project to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of or develop/expand a volunteer program
- Will provide consistent on-site supervision and support to a VISTA member year-round
- Can contribute a portion of the cost to support the VISTA member ($4,000 or $12,312)
- Isn't currently participating in a Service Enterprise training cohort
Download and read through the Request for Proposals
. Project applications are due February 9
and must be submitted using the link in the Request for Proposals. You may download the new project application questions
and the continuation project application questions
for your reference.
All new project applicants are required to attend a webinar before submitting their application. Miss the live webinar? Contact Krista Eichhorst to access a recorded version.