A Voice for Volunteerism
MAVA is the only multi-sector, statewide professional association of volunteer administrators in Minnesota. Our Public Policy efforts are the keys to cultivating, maintaining, and building the capacity for a thriving and effective Minnesota volunteer community.
MAVA members are encouraged to join the Public Policy Committee now and become an integral part of MAVA's efforts to build a public voice for volunteerism! Contact Niila Hebert
, MAVA Public Policy Chair for more information.
- to build the quality and infrastructure of service learning around the State of Minnesota
- Provide grants to schools and community-based partners to establish evidence-based service learning programs
- increase academic achievement and close the achievement gap
- targeting all ages, from early childhood through grade 12
Volunteer Capacity Building Partnership Proposal
- Governor will appoint a group of members from around the state;
- Grants will be awarded to volunteer programs who can achieve quality, measurable outcomes.
Actions you can take
- Meet with your legislators regarding the important role you have in connecting volunteers to your community and the impact it has on the community;
- Share your successful volunteer stories with your local media.