Listings of free or low-cost technological tools and websites for volunteer administrators.
- Tech Soup.org -- Ultimate online technology resource for nonprofits. Provides free information and support.
- Volunteer Hub -- Online program, matches volunteers with opportunities. Features include: position postings, organizing, tracking, emailing and reporting on your organization's volunteer activity. Free monthly trial available.
- Volunteer Spot -- Your volunteers can sign up for a onetime project or event. Assists with scheduling, volunteer sign up, invitations and reminders.
- Community Leader subscription -- Sign up through Volunteer Match and receive a full suite of recruiting tools.
- YourVolunteers -- Volunteers can sign up for ongoing or one time projects. Aids with volunteer scheduling and sign up.
- JotForm -- Free form creator. Allow potential volunteers to complete application online.
- Google Docs -- Collaborate online. Create online forms, spreadsheets, and other documents for emails, websites or blogs.
Get the Message Out: Online Emailing Tools
- PrimoPDF -- Don't have Adobe? No problem. PrimoPDF will convert any file into a pdf for free.
- Constant Contact -- Email marketing for nonprofits and small businesses. Free monthly trial available.
Events & Scheduling
- Mail Chimp -- Email marketing--Free forever under 500 contacts and 3,000 emails a month!
- Eventbrite -- This social media-integrated online invitation/event tool is free for free events!
- Doodle -- Having trouble nailing down a time? Check out this scheduling tool, integrated with Google Calendar.
- Meeting Wizard or Evite -- Free scheduling software. Schedule meetings by giving people multiple options, send e-vites and meeting reminders.
Polls & Surveys
- Survey Monkey -- Online tool to create surveys online. Free trial available.
- Poll Daddy -- Create polls quickly and easily online to post on your website, blog, or social networking site. It's free!
Social Media Outreach
- Google Grants -- In-kind donation program by Google, awarding free AdWords advertising to select charitable organizations.
- MN New Media Guide -- Ultimate Wiki for nonprofits to share best practices in deploying social media strategies in order to engage members, raise money, and build legislative support. Use your gmail account to sign in and request access.
- Flickr for Good -- Flickr is giving away 1,000 one-year Flickr Pro accounts for good causes.
- Tweeple -- Great Twitter accounts to follow about the field. Go to www.twitter.com. @EnergizeInc