REGISTERATION IS FULL for this event. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Minnesota Association for Volunteer Administration (MAVA), the Invisible Force, Hamline, University School of Business, SHIFT, Twin Cities Public Television (tpt) and the Vital Aging Network (VAN) invite you to attend:
The Boomers Are Coming, The Boomers Are Coming:
Perspectives from Volunteers on How to Tap This Talent
September 30, 2014, 10 AM – 12 PM
1800 White Bear Ave. North, St. Paul MN
Every day 10,000 Boomers turn 65 in the U.S. What can we learn from volunteers themselves to improve our ability to tap their talent to impact critical issues?
Join us to learn directly from a MAVA task force of volunteers who are around retirement age. Hear them share their experiences, what draws them to volunteering and the challenges they have encountered. You will gain insights on:
- How to connect with talented volunteers nearing or in retirement
- Readiness checklist for engaging this new band of volunteers from the volunteer
- The organizational culture of engagement that keeps them engaged
- Unraveling the mysteries of how to find and keep top-notch volunteers
- Big picture systems thinking to create better engagement
Come, hear, meet and engage with our panel of volunteers. Strategize with colleagues for putting the recommendations from the volunteers into action.
Thank you to the Stevens Square Foundation for support of this project.