Many nonprofit and government organizations struggle to engage a volunteer pool that reflects the diversity of the communities they serve. For the past year, MAVA has embarked on an initiative aimed at learning why this problem exists and identifying practical solutions to help civic-minded programs recruit and retain diverse and immigrant volunteers. Please join us for a community event unveiling the results of this initiative, including new ideas, tips, and stories of success.
At this event you will:
· Hear from a panel of community members who served on MAVA’s Inclusive Civic Engagement Task Force, discussing barriers to engagement and approachable solutions
· Learn about MAVA’s research and findings, including:
- Outreach strategies for building relationships with diverse individuals and neighborhoods
- Information on volunteer motivation among immigrant populations, along with types of
opportunities immigrant volunteers may find attractive
- Strategies for engaging young people from diverse and immigrant communities
- Tips for creating a welcoming and inclusive culture within your volunteer program
· Have the opportunity to work on your own or with others from your nonprofit or government organization to create an action plan for inclusive volunteerism
Due to grant funding, we are able to offer representatives from city and county government programs the opportunity to send up to 3 participants for the price of 1. Please contact Lisa Joyslin at email@example.com to register participants using this offer.
Thank you to the St. Paul Foundation for funding this initiative.
Questions? Contact Lisa Joyslin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-300-2148.