Join HandsOn Twin Cities on Tuesday, July 25 for a day of learning and sharing best practices. This event brings together corporate presenters, nonprofit professionals, school administrators, faith-based leaders, service corps members, and community volunteers for a full-day of incredible sessions. This year, the Summit will feature two tracks:
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI): Be a Champion for DEI through purposeful and invigorating conversations.
- Personal & Professional Development: Build your skills through a variety of thought provoking and interactive sessions delivered by sector leaders from corporations, consulting firms, nonprofits, and educational institutions.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Track:
HandsOn Twin Cities is proud to offer a special track focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage nonprofits, schools, associations, and government representatives to attend the Summit to strengthen your knowledge base.
Volunteer program managers know that to build teams capable of innovating, you need diversity. Diversity enhances creativity as socially diverse pools of volunteers bring different experiences, opinions, skill sets, and perspectives. However, diversity in a group can also cause discomfort, perceived interpersonal conflicts, or concerns about disrespect.
Accepting that DEI needs to be embraced in order to strengthen your organization is the first step. Our sessions are designed to help you take the next one.
Personal & Professional Development Track:
Many of these sessions will be delivered in a train the trainer format – you will gain information and tools as managers to build capacity within your programs; information to use to train staff and volunteers; and information for corporate program managers to share with Employee Resource Groups and volunteer councils.
Check back often for more confirmed workshops. Here are some of the sessions scheduled so far:
- Delegation, Diversity and Time Management
- How to Create a Compelling Customer Volunteer Experience
- Your Position of Impact
- Communication Styles
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Insights, Styles and Preferences
View the most up to date schedule and session/speaker Info HERE!