Healthcare is a very regulated industry . . . which carries over to the volunteer program as well. This is true whether the volunteers serve in hospice, long term care, acute care, rehabilitation . . . or some other type of health care agency.
At this meeting we will be looking at important compliance issues, such as background studies, finger printing, mandatory flu shots, and annual education requirements, and learning what people are doing to comply with these requirements. A representative from the Background Studies Division of the Minnesota Department of Human Services will be with us at this meeting to provide information and answer questions about the new finger printing requirements and process.
Lunch will provide time for getting to know your peers and hear about AHV updates, followed by a facilitated open forum for learning from one another . . . so bring your burning questions.
- 10:00 am - 10:30 am: Welcome Circle
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm: Compliance
- Finger Printing
- Representative from the Background Studies Division of the Minnesota Department of Human Services
- Jennifer Nelson (Maple Grove Hospital)
- Pamela Mills (Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute)
- Denise Rene Hannah (Cerenity Senior Care)
- Mandatory Flu Shots
- Sue DeGolier (Ridgeview Medical Center)
- Annual Education Requirements
- Jackelyn Bekius (Fairview Northland Medical Center)
- 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Lunch (Bring Your Own Lunch or Purchase Food in the Hospital Cafeteria)
- 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm: Facilitated Open Forum
- 1:30 pm - 1:45 pm: Featured Facility - Maple Grove Hospital
- 1:45 pm - 2:00 pm: Closing Circle
After the meeting, you may join us for an optional tour of Maple Grove Hospital and shopping in the gift shop.
This session is open to anyone from a healthcare setting, whether or not they are a member of MAVA. Registration is just $15 which includes morning coffee or tea and the education program.